Thursday, January 23, 2020

Know where to go in times of Trouble


S - Scripture
Psalm   9 v. 9    The Lord is a Stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. 

O - Observation
 Security. Webster defines Stronghold as 'a place where an army is strongly in position." I think of stronghold as a place that can't be penetrated. A place that can withstand any attacks. Being in the center of a Stronghold is about as safe as it gets.
We need to remember John 16 v.33, "I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." A stronghold is NOT a hiding place. So when facing troubles, although we want to go to the Lord, we do not have to go at it alone. We have the stronghold of other believers in Christ to help us out. Hebrews 12 v. 1a, "We are surrounded by a great cloud of witness. Let us lay aside every weight and sin which clings to us closely."

A - Application
Where do I go in times of trouble?  

P - Prayer
Jesus,  Thanks for being my stronghold.  Love Will

Photo by Kees Streefkerk on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment