Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Know where you’re planted


S - Scripture
Psalm 1 v. 3  He is like a tree planted by streams of water, that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.

O - Observation
Secure, foundation, glorious. Those are the words that come to me with this verse. This imagery is a result of those who abide, live and do God's word. Trees need water to survive, and a continual source of water will make them strong. Jesus tells us about the water he supplies in John 4 v. 14, " But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst; The water that I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." Daily "drinking" of his word, absorbing what he has to say will develop and grow you to an anchor, a strong Oak. You will be able to weather the storms of life without breaking. You will be able to provide "shade" protection for those around you. It will completely bless your life.

A - Application
The question is NOT what type of tree am I, but where am I planted?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Develop me, grow me, to be a strong tree that provides for those around me.  Love Will


Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment