Saturday, February 25, 2023

Be Bound to the hope

Event: Paul Preaches at Rome under guard
S – Scripture
Acts 28 v. 20  For this reason therefore I have asked to see you and speak with you, since it is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain.
 
O – Observation
Bound due to hope. That is exactly, physically, the case with Paul. Because of his faith, his hope, life eternal thru Jesus Christ, that he is bound. We to will face the same thing, although they may not be actual shackles, living for Christ vs. self, will inherently put some lifestyle shackles on you. After all, Jesus did say in Matthew 26 v. 24-25, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." The cross we bear may will be the cross of sacrifices, where you put your money, your time. Might not have that nice vacation or cool car, or big house. It may be ridicule or exclusion from groups due to your faith. But Jesus follows this verse with Matthew 16 v. 25b, "whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."
 


A - Application
Am I bound due to my hope in Christ?  
 
P – Prayer
Jesus, I am willing to lose my life for your sake.  Love Will.
 


Photo by 愚木混株 cdd20 on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment