Friday, February 10, 2023

Be intentional with your faith

Event: Paul’s Trial Before Felix

S – Scripture
Acts 24 v. 16 So I always take pains to have a clear conscience towards God and toward men.
 
O – Observation
Intentionality. Webster defines intentionality as," on purpose" and purpose as, "a reason for doing something." In today's verse Paul was stating his intentionality towards being a Christian. So what is the purpose of being a follower of Christ? God reveals this for us in Jeremiah 29 v 11, 13, " For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." The purpose of intentionality for Christians is to experience his plans for welfare not only eternally, (he promises heaven), but also while on earth. Following his commands, contrary to what the world may say, does NOT make you a Kill-joy, but instead makes your life so much fuller, richer.
 
A - Application
Am I being intentional in my faith?
 
P – Prayer
Jesus, Place a purpose, a motivation in my heart to do your will.  Love Will.

Photo by David Iskander on Unsplash
 

No comments:

Post a Comment