Friday, February 17, 2023

Do the three step Boogie - Open - Turn - Recieve

Event: Paul’s Defense Before King Agrippa


S – Scripture
Acts 26 v. 17b-18 To whom I sent you to open their eyes, that they may turn from darkness into light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.
 
O – Observation
Open - Turn - Receive.  It’s a summation of the steps to faith. Open your eyes. See clearly the picture. See clearly that your sins will condemn you from being with God. After all, he is holy and perfect. See the influence of the evil one in the world and in peoples (yours) lives. Turn from them. Follow the wisdom of God's word and instruction. Turn is an action verb and requires effort. Turn is intentional. Turn is a choice. Receive a place, a reward. Revelation 3 v. 21, "He who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I myself conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne."
 
A - Application
Am I doing the three step boogie? Open-Turn-Receive?
 
P – Prayer
Jesus, Help me to live and follow your three step plan.   Love Will.

Photo by Forest Simon on Unsplash
 

No comments:

Post a Comment