Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Determine what you will glory in

S – Scripture
Acts 25 v. 23-24 So on the morrow Agrippa and Bernice came with great pomp, and they entered the audience hall with the military tribunes and the prominent men of the city. Then by command of Festus, Paul was brought in. And Festus said, “King Agrippa and all who are present with us, you see this man about whom the whole Jewish people petitioned me, shouting that he ought not to live any longer.”
 
O – Observation
The world’s power vs. God’s power. It’s interesting how this is happening. The worldly power, Kings, pomp, prominent men, military tribunes vs. a man. This scene reminds me of one of my favorite verses, Jeremiah 9 v. 23-24, “Thus says the Lord; Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the might man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches, but let him who glories, glory in this, the he understand and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight says the Lord.”
 
A - Application
What are you glorying in?   
 
P – Prayer
Jesus, Help  me to know and understand you more. Love Will.

Photo by Photoholgic on Unsplash
 

1 comment:

  1. 'Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name goes all the Glory for your unfailing love and Faithfulness'.-Psalm 115:1

    ReplyDelete