Saturday, February 25, 2023

Every Good Gift Comes from Above

 Guest Blog by Gary Riedel


S - SCRIPTURE: James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

O - OBSERVATION: Gods gifts are perfect gifts! They are wide ranging, the gift of singing, playing music, speaking the truth of God’s Holy Word, praying and even organizing all of this into a Worship Service, is manifested at church every Sunday and every midweek service. Those who do these things are using the gifts God has given them to conduct and carry out a meaningful Worship Service. There are many other ways we use the talents God has given us, for me it’s cultivate the soil God has given to produce food, it’s teachers, doctors, nurses, engineers and every worthwhile talent that it takes to build and sustain a nation. All of these are God’s perfect gifts to be used for His glory and honor.

A - APPLICATION: So often we think I did this or I did that, but in Galatians 2:20 we read: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. So when I do something good and worthwhile, it is God who enabled me to do it, rather than my own strength or wisdom, for wisdom is from God. Psalm 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

P - PRAYER: Heavenly Father, help us to remember that every good thing is a gift from You, and every good thing we do is because Christ lives in us. In Jesus Name, Amen

Image by 14995841 from Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment