Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Don't be afraid to do the Hard Things for God

Event: Saul’s Conversion

S - Scripture
Acts 9 v. 13 But Ananias answered , "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to thy saints of Jerusalem. "

O - Observation
Being called to do hard things. Ananias was called to go and minister to Saul. But, Saul was public enemy #1 of the Christians. Saul would chuck Ananias in jail or worse. God was asking Ananias to walk into a death trap. Reminds me of Abraham, how was called by God to sacrifice his son Isaac. Abraham complied, but as he was getting ready to slay his son, God stopped him, provided a ram to sacrifice, AND THEN God blessed him. Genesis 22 v. 17a, "I will indeed bless you, and I will multiple your descendants as the stars of heaven." Ananias complied and Saul became the chosen instrument to preach God's word to all. So when called by God to do hard things, fear not, although hard, it carries great reward!!!

A - Application
Have I been called to do hard things for God? Am I responding?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Give me the faith and courage to do hard things for you.  Love Will


No comments:

Post a Comment