Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Respond when God calls

Event: Saul’s Conversion


S - Scripture
Acts 9 v. 10 Now there was a disciple of Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am Lord."

O - Observation
Here am I! I love this verse. It reminds me of the response from two people in the Old Testament. It's a response of respect, and a response of honor that you have been chosen by God. Samuel had this experience as a child when the Lord called him. 1 Samuel 3 v. 10, "and the Lord came and stood forth calling as at other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" And Samuel said, 'Speak Lord for my servant hearts." Likewise Isaiah heard God call him as well, Isaiah, 6 v. 8, "And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, 'Here am I, send me." In all three cases, Ananias, Samuel and Isaiah, God called them to do important things for him.

A - Application
How will I respond when God calls me?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Here am I send me, send me.  Love Will

Photo by Alexander Andrews on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment