Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Is what you say - Defiling or Defining you?

Event: Peter Explains His Actions




S - Scripture
Acts 11 v. 7-8 And I heard a voice saying to me, 'Rise Peter; kill and eat.". But I said, “No Lord, for nothing common or unclean has ever entered my mouth."

O - Observation
Missing the mark. Switching the wires. That's what the first thing that comes to my mind when I read this verse. Great intention, but wrong approach. In this case, Peter was discussing what defiles a man based upon what he knew. But Jesus brought this issue to light in Matthew 15 v. 10, "And he called the people to him and said to them, 'Hear and understand. Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man." So it's time to slam on the breaks, and switch directions. It's not what you put into you via the mouth but what comes out. Matthew 15 v. 18a, "But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart."

A - Application
Is my mouth defiling me or defining me? As a man of God?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Let my lips bring forth your praise.  Love Will

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment