Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Recognize the people God puts in front of you!

Event: Phillip and the Ethiopian

S - Scripture
Acts 8 v. 30-31a  So Phillip ran to him (Ethiopian, a eunuch, a minister of Candace, queen of Ethiopians) and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?" And he said, "How can I unless someone guides me."

O - Observation
It's amazing who God will put in front of you. And the common statement, "I need someone to guide me, explain to me what it all means." In this case, God put an influential person in another country for Phillip to share the good news. No wonder Phillip was led by God to go down a desert road! But the Eunuch, like a lot of people today was looking for spiritual guidance. At least he was starting in the scriptures! So many folks today, sense the void, the need for spirituality, but have no idea on how to find it. Thus the looking in all the wrong places. Perhaps, you and I have been placed in people's lives to help guide them.

A - Application
Am I pulling a Phillip and helping guide folks to Christ?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thanks for putting the people in front of me. Give me wisdom how to guide them to you.  Love Will

Photo by Tim Graf on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment