Monday, August 1, 2022

It is good to intercede for others!

Event: Simon the Sorcerer



S - Scripture
Acts 8 v. 24 And Simon answered, "Pray for me to the Lord, that nothing you have said may come to me."

O - Observation
Sincerity. Intercession. This is the last we hear of Simon (in this chapter, perhaps the rest of the bible.) I'm not really sure what happened to him, but I would have to believe, his heart was changed, that he was sincere in his desire to be with Jesus. Simon asked for the disciples to pray for him, to interceded for him. Two thoughts on this. 1) We should be praying, interceding for others. Moses did this for the people of Israel. Jesus did it for others, even while hanging on the cross!!! Which leads to point #2. Romans 8 v. 34, "Who then is the one who condemns? NO one. Christ Jesus who died more than that, who was raised to life. Is at the right hand of God and is also INTERCEDING for us."

A - Application
Am I interceding for others? Am I thankful for Jesus intercession?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thanks for interceding for me.   Love Will


No comments:

Post a Comment