Saturday, July 23, 2022

Resist the Resistance

Event: Stephen's Speech to the Sanhedrin
S - Scripture
Acts 7 v. 51 You stiff necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your Fathers did so do you.

O - Observation
Resistance. God's word faces resistance. It's not just the declining Christian views today. It's been since Jesus time, it's been before then. The resistance is nothing new. Today's culture likes to think of itself as highly informed, educated, thanks be to the web, and all those years of education. 1 Corinthians 1 v. 22-23, For Jews demand signs and Greeks (and today's world) seeks wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to the Jews and folly to the Gentiles." The reasons for resistance can be intellectual - prove it to me, emotional - Christians are Hippocrates, or volitional - Christianity restricts my freedom. I'm see more and more the volitional resistance.


A - Application
Am I resisting God's word? Do I know others that are?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me and others to acceptance.   Love Will


Photo by ALEXANDRE DINAUT on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment