Saturday, July 16, 2022

We need to switch from Judging to Loving

Event: Stephen's Speech to the Sanhedrin

S - Scripture
Acts 7 v. 7 "But I will judge the nation they serve," said God, "and after that they shall come out and worship me in this place."
O - Observation
Let God do the judging. This verse is the result of the Israelites being held in captivity, slavery by the Egyptians for 400 years. That should give them all a right to judge and personally seek restitution. But no! Romans 12 v. 19, "Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, ' Revenge is mine I will repay, says the Lord." We are called to love one another, even our enemies. Instead of obsessing on how we can one up the other, we need to obsess on how we can lift up the other. Remember, Matthew 7 v. 1, "Judge not, that you not be judged."

A - Application
Am I judging others or lifting up others?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Free me from the burden of judging others and put in my heart to love others.   Love Will

Photo by Tingey Injury Law Firm on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment