Thursday, July 7, 2022

Seek the right type of Honor

Event: The Apostles Persecuted

 


S - Scripture
Acts 5 v. 41 Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name.

O - Observation
Honored. Its classic God fueled backwards-land. The council beat and publicly said they were crazy, which normally would be something shameful. But, it was viewed as a Honor to suffer for Christ. Following and standing up for Christ will cause this dichotomy. Jesus knew it when he said in Matthew 10 v.22, "And you will be hated by all for my names sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved." The honor comes from recognizing who the higher power is . Matthew 10 v. 32, "So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I (Jesus) will also acknowledge before my Father who is in Heaven.

A - Application
Am I willing to be honored in God's eyes?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Keep me focused on the eternal things.    Love Will

Photo by Alex Shute on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment