Friday, December 16, 2022

Christianity has a personal fianance impact!!!

Event: The Riot in Ephesus
S– Scripture
Acts 19 v. 27a-28 And there is danger not only that this trade of ours may come into disrepute, but also that the temple of the great Artemis may count for nothing.... When they heard this they were enraged and cried out, "Great is Artemis of Ephesians!"
 

O - Observation
Freakonomics - Part 2. Yesterday we looked at God's Freakonomics from a macro view, today it’s from a micro view. The silversmiths were getting ready to lose money. So they incited the crowds , the people, because they were believing God and were not buying idols anymore. It's now personal. It’s what we do with our time and money. 2 Corinthians 9 v. 7b-8, "For God loves a Cheerful giver. " And in Malachi 3 v. 10,  "Bring forth the full tithes in to the storehouse, that there may be food in my house; and thereby put me to the test, says the Lords of Host, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing." Being a follower of Christ will compel you to rethink how you spend your money, give of your time.
 
A - Application
On a personal level, where am I spending my money, my time?
 
P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to spend my talent, time and treasure for you.  Love Will.

Photo by Alexander Grey on Unsplash
 

No comments:

Post a Comment