Thursday, December 29, 2022

Invest time at your church

 Event: Paul's Farewell to the Ephesian Elders
S – Scripture
Acts 20 v. 28 Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the Church of God.
 
O – Observation
Maintenance. Upkeep. Keeping things clean and in working order. I like to compare my wife's car with my older kids cars . Sandi keeps her car clean and protected. The Kids, well, the inside is a closet (except Paige). Its junky. It’s not as attractive. So it is with our churches. We need to spend time on our Church proper. We need to help with its functions.  The 80/20 rule really should not apply here. You know where 20% of the people do 80% of the work. It should be 100/100. Help with ushering, teach Sunday school, fold bulletins, help mow the grounds. There's always plenty to do. For me, God has given me an amazing Church in Alive in Christ.  It would only seem appropriate to give back to the Lord by giving my time and talents to my church.
 

A - Application
Am I investing any time in the operations of my church?
 
P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to manage my time so that I can give it to the operations of my church.  Love Will.


No comments:

Post a Comment