Saturday, December 10, 2022

We need to KNOW who Jesus is

 Event: Paul’s encounter with people practicing the Occult in Ephesus
S - Scripture
Acts 19 v. 13 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to pronounce the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches.”  
 


O – Observation
Just knowing who Jesus is will not be enough. After all, Satan knows who Jesus is. The Jewish exorcists found this out. Acts 19 v. 15-16a, “But the evil spirit answered them, ‘Jesus I know, and Paul I know, but who are you?’ And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaded on them, mastered all of them and over powered them so that they fled the house naked and wounded.” Jesus knew this would be the case,. He know that he wants more than name recognition, Matthew 15 v.8, “These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts is far from me.”  No. Knowing who Jesus is not enough. We need to give him our hearts.
 
A - Application
Do I know who Jesus is, or do I KNOW Jesus?    
 
P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to know you with all my heart.  Love Will

Photo by AbsolutVision on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment