Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Invest your time wisely

Event: Paul's Farewell to the Ephesian Elders
S – Scripture
Acts 20 v. 24 But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may accomplish my course and the ministry which I have received from the Lord Jesus to testify to the Gospel.
 


O – Observation
Understanding the value of life's investment. Paul states it quite well. Our time here is short, we need to make the most of our time. After all, here today, gone tomorrow. Jesus helps us out in Matthew 6 v. 19-20a, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven." I'm not sure what all the treasures are in heaven, but heaven itself is the Greatest treasure I know. And Jesus is the only way to heaven. So investing your time and life in Jesus is critical. After all, Matthew 16 v.26, "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life?"
 
A - Application
Do I understand the value of my life's investment?  
 
P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to be a wise investor for you.  Love Will.

Photo by Precondo CA on Unsplash
 

No comments:

Post a Comment