Thursday, December 22, 2022

We need to have a training program

Event: Eutychus Raised from the Dead at Troas
S – Scripture
Acts 20 v. 9 And a young man named Eutychus was sitting in a window. He sank into a deep sleep as Paul talked still longer; and being overcome by sleep, he feel down from the third story and was taken up for dead.
 

O – Observation
The spirit is willing by the body is weak. Sadly, I can relate to this guy. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping my eyes open. (Sorry Tim!!!) I want to hear, but I'm comfortable and tired from staying up too late the night before. Jesus recognizes our human limitation. He recognizes that our bodies are ravaged by sin and thus are weaken. We need to become stronger. God gives us this wisdom in 1 Timothy 4 v. 7b-8, "train yourself in godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way as it hold promise for the present life and for the life to come."
A - Application
What is my training program?
 
P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to be strong in you and in my body!!   Love Will.

Photo by Bruno Nascimento on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment