Monday, March 6, 2023

Be aware of the impact of sin

History - Old Testament

S - Scripture
Genesis 3 v. 16 To the woman he said, I will greatly multiply your pain in child bearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.

O - Observation
The impact of Sin. This verse and subsequent verses is God's judgment on Adam and Eve when they violated God's command to NOT eat from the tree of knowledge of Good and evil. Webster defines sin as, "an evil act or the breaking of the law of God." Our sin separates us from God. Genesis 3 v. 23, "therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the Garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken." Our sin causes suffering. Both sexes. To them man, Genesis 3 v. 17b-18, "cursed is the ground because of you; in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life; thorns and thistles it shall bring forth to you." Because we sin, we need Jesus in our life. He forgives our sins.

A - Application
Am I aware of the impact of sin in my life? Do I realize how desperately I need Jesus?

P - Prayer
I need you Jesus to come to my rescue. Where else can I go?  Love Will.

Photo by Julio Rionaldo on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment