Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Be Ready when you are called!

History - Old Testament
S - Scripture
1 Samuel  3 v. 16  But Eli called Samuel and said, "Samuel, my son." And he said, "Here I am."

O - Observation
Be ready when you are called. Prior to this verse, God told Samuel that he was going to punish Eli since Eli let his sons go wild. Samuel was called to deliver a message that was hard to hear. But yet, he did. God was with him. We are called to deliver news that the World does not want to hear. 1 Peter 3 v. 15b, "Always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who calls you to account for the hope that is in you." This may be hard, since the world does NOT see it your way. We need to remember 1 Corinthians 1 v. 18, "for the word of the cross is folly to those perishing, but to us who are saved it is the Power of God." What will we do when called? We must be like Isaiah when he heard the voice of the Lord ask, who will go for us? Isaiah 6 v. 8b, "Then I said, "Here am I, send me."

A - Application
How am I responding to the voice of God? Am I living and sharing what God has told me thru the Bible?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Here I am. Send me. Send me!!!!  Love Will

Photo by Braden Collum on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment