Wednesday, March 22, 2023

God is a God of Detail

History - Old Testament


S - Scripture
2 Chronicles  3 v. 16  He made chains like a necklace and put them on the tops of the pillars; and he made a hundred pomegranates, and put them on the chains.

O - Observation
We are fearfully, wonderfully, and intentionally made. This verse is the beginning of the detailed description of the temple of the Lord that Solomon built. The one thing that is very evident as I read through the Bible, God is a God of detail, each part for a very specific use. How about ourselves? Psalm 139 v. 13, "For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mothers womb." God provides further clarification in 1 Corinthians 12 v. 22-24, " On the contrary, the parts of the body which seem to be weaker are indispensable, and those parts of the body which we think less honorable, we invest with greater honor, and our unpresentable parts which are treated with greater modesty."

A - Application
Have I pondered how complex my body really is? Do I give thanks to God for his attention to detail?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for your attention to detail on all things. Love Will

Photo by Rosie Kerr on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment