Friday, March 3, 2023

Your name is important!!!

Gospel - New Testament
S - Scripture
Mark 3 v. 16  Simon who he surname Peter.

O - Observation
Nicknames. What a special honor it must be to be given a nickname by God. Simon was given Peter, which means Rock. Abram to Abraham, for God made a covenant with him to be the Father of many nations. Jacob to Israel. I think of the teams that I play on. There are folks that have nicknames. To have a nickname is an Identifier. The exciting thing is, God knows each of us by name, even if we don't have a nickname. Jesus says in John 10 v. 14, 27, "I am the Good Shepherd; I know my own and my own know me.... My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and the follow me." Jesus knows each of us personally. He knows our strengths and weakness. He is willing to do anything to save our lives, even die on a cross.
 
A - Application
Does God have a nickname for me? Am I listening when he calls my name?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for knowing me personally.  Love Will.

Image by Settergren from Pixabay


No comments:

Post a Comment