Saturday, March 4, 2023

Recognize your place

Gospel - New Testament
S - Scripture
Luke 3 v. 16 John answered them all, "I baptize you with water; but he who is mightier than I is coming, the thongs who's sandals I am not worthy to untie; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."


O - Observation
Perspective. Recognizing your place. All the fame, glory, knowledge a person could get still pales in comparison to God. John the Baptizer, was well known, he was given the Gift from God to evangelize. Yet, even with all the following that he had, he still recognized Jesus as the one. Each of us has been given Gifts from God. 1 Peter 4 v. 10, "As each has received a gift, employ it for one another, as Good Stewards of God's varied grace." We are to use these gifts to his glory. We are to recognize that God is in control, as Job said. Job 1 v. 21b, "The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away, Blessed be the name of the Lord."

A - Application
Do I recognize that all I have, who I am, is a Gift from God?

P - Prayer
Jesus, your are all knowing, all powerful and I am not. Thank you for loving me.  Love Will.

Photo by Mia Golic on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment