Monday, March 13, 2023

When facing troubles - face the Lord

History - Old Testament
S - Scripture
Judges 3 v. 16 And Ehud made for himself a sword with two edges, a cubit in length; and he girded it on his right thigh under his clothes.

O - Observation
God will send a deliverer. Prior to his verse the Israelites were under the rule of an evil King. The Israelites cried to the Lord for help. Judges 3 v. 15a, "But when the people of Israel cried to the Lord, the Lord raised up for them a deliver, Ehud." Ehud ended up slaying the King and leading the Israelites over his army. The result was 80 years of rest. We need to realize that when we face troubles, we need to instead face the Lord. Psalm 50 v. 15, "And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me." I love the logic of this verse. Call upon God, He will deliver, we will sing his praise. Makes me think of the ultimate deliver. Jesus. How awesome it is that God sent his only son to deliver us from our sins.
 
A - Application
Am I calling upon the Lord in the Day of trouble?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for sending your son to save me from eternal damnation. Love Will

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay


No comments:

Post a Comment