Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Allow God to cook in you

Major Prophets - Old Testament
S - Scripture
Ezekiel 3 v. 16 And at the end of seven days, the word of the Lord came to me.

O - Observation
Simmer. Slow Boil. Crock pot. This verse reminds me that God likes to work in his time. So often we want things, God's help NOW. I am reminded of 2 Peter 3 v. 8, "But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." If we recognize that we are in God's time, then we can recognize that God wants' routine, methodical, consistent, daily, dedicated, constant focus on him. And like things that we cook in an oven, some things take 20 minutes, some 2 hours, so it is with our walk with God. If we slow down (hard for me) and spend some time in Spiritual disciplines, (Daily reading of the bible, Prayer, Meditation on his word, fasting) God will cook us to perfection.

A - Application
Am I being patient? Am I allowing God to cook in me?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Create in me an awesome work for you.  Love Will

Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment