Saturday, April 15, 2023

Every Time I Remember You

 Guest Blog by Gary Riedel


SCRIPTURE: Philippians 1:3 I thank my God for you every time I remember you.

OBSERVATION: Why does the writer of Philippians pen such a statement to the people of Philippians? Because they have been found faithful, they are partners in the Gospel with Paul to accomplish Gods mission in this area of the world. The fellowship of believers working together to achieve God’s mission is a powerful experience to be a part of. Acts 2:42 And they continued steadfastly in the Apostles doctrine, fellowship, breaking of bread and in prayer.

APPLICATION: The very last sentence of Acts 2 tells us what happens when we are steadfast in the Word and our relationship with our fellow members is unified and we are thankful for each one. V47b And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.That is exactly the formula for growth in the church, no wonder our churches vision statement is “We are Alive in Christ, developing relationships for life.” I can truly say “I thank my God for you every time I remember you.”

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, we thank God for the bride of Christ, the church. We thank You for the Risen Jesus and for all believers who gather together in His Name. With Paul we say, I thank God for all who gather together in His Name. In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment