Saturday, April 1, 2023

I Was Glad

 Guest Blog by Gary Riedel


S - SCRIPTURE: Psalm 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me let us go into the house of the Lord.

O - OBSERVATION: I’ve always loved this verse because it’s always been a statement of exactly how I feel. I have always loved going to church and being in the Lords House, even as a young lad. Not because I understood what was going on, nor did I have any inkling of the eternal significance of what was being talked about. Rather, I always enjoyed  singing and being allowed
to sit in the front row with my friends if I behaved myself. Later I learned to pay attention to what was said and began to grow in faith and knowledge of our God.

A - APPLICATION: So today I’ve reached the point where I just never want to miss or stay home. The Covid months when we weren’t allowed to meet were extremely difficult. I could still hear it, and watch it, but I missed the people, the fellowship and the personal involvement. Virtual worship is a good tool for outreach, but will in my mind NEVER replace the active, relational church. Hebrews 10:25 gives us the Lord’s viewpoint: Do not forsake the assembling of yourselves together as the manner of some is, but exhorting one another and all the more as you see the day of the Lord approaching. 

I agree 100%!

P - PRAYER: Heavenly Father, we give You thanks that You’ve told us to “Remember the Sabbath.” Help us to remember Lord, that guideline is not to serve You, but it’s for our own good, it’s to help us build a better and closer relationship with You that should become an every day relationship between us. Thanks for loving us Lord and sending Jesus. It’s in His Name we pray, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment