Saturday, April 8, 2023

Don't be consumed with Revenge

Minor Prophets - Old Testament
S - Scripture
Habakkuk 3 v. 16 I hear, and my body trembles, my lips quiver at the sound, rottenness enters into my bones, my steps totter beneath me. I quietly wait for the day of trouble to come upon people who invade us.

O - Observation
Have confidence that God will address your enemies. We don't have to let hatred and revenge burn in our hearts. Romans 12 v. 19,21, "Beloved never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, 'Revenge is mine, I will repay says the Lord.' Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." I think its important to note that God doesn't want us to stand around when being bullied, he wants us to stand up for what is right, but NOT to be consumed with rage and revenge. If we believe that God is a fair Judge, then we have nothing to worry about.
 


A - Application
Does revenge burn in my heart? Am I letting go of my anger? Am I overcome with evil?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to love my enemies.  Love Will

Image by PublicDomainPictures from Pixabay 


No comments:

Post a Comment