Saturday, April 15, 2023

Don't sit on the Sidelines!!!

Wisdom - New Testament

S - Scripture
Philippians  3 v. 16  Only let us hold true to what we have obtained.

O - Observation
Faith is not an event, it is a journey. We don't earn salvation, it is a Gift from God. Regardless, the gift is ours, we have obtained or gotten something we want. If we want to enjoy this gift, we need to use it, have faith in it, have a relationship with it. Philippians 3 v.14, "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 4 v. 7-8a, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness." Colossians 3 v, 2,4, " Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.  When Christ who is in our life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." These verses help us to understand the importance of the journey. We need to be focused, we need to live our faith. The rewards will be great.

A - Application
Am I content with just being saved? Or... am I living my life to the fullest with this knowledge?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Don't let me sit on the sidelines. Let me live and experience faith in you. Love Will

Photo by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment