Saturday, April 22, 2023

Learn to pray for your enemies

Wisdom - New Testament

S - Scripture
1 Peter 3 v. 16  and keep your conscience clear, so that, when you are abused, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. 

O - Observation
Turn the other cheek. If you live your life for Jesus, especially in today's rapidly deteriorating culture, you will take some abuse. Today's verse is instruction how to handle this type of abuse. In this case, don't let anger, resentment or hatred seep into your hearts when your accusers, enemies attack or make fun of you. Instead, do as Jesus commands in Matthew 5 v. 44, "But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." The mindset is way different than what the world would have us take. The difference is, we already know the outcome. 1 John 5 v. 4a, "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world."
 


A - Application
Do I live knowing that God has overcome the world? Do I pray for my enemies?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Give me the strength and courage to love my enemies.  Love Will

Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment