Saturday, November 19, 2022

Thanksgiving

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel

 

S - SCRIPTURE : Psalm 95:2 Let us come before His presence with THANKSGIVING and make a joyful noise unto Him with Psalms.

O - OBSERVATION: I have always felt that kind of atmosphere is essential to worshiping in Spirit and in Truth as Jesus noted in John 4:23. A thankful heart is necessary for true worship,  that’s why Scripture says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 that “ we should give thanks in all circumstances.” That can be difficult during some of the trials this world challenges us with, and yet, these are
words inspired by God. Making a joyful noise unto Him with Psalms and songs of praise and thanksgiving is another mark of true worship. Scripture says God loves a cheerful giver, but I’m also certain He delights in a sincere yet cheerful worshiper, because worship is our way of giving back to God during a Worship Service. He gives us His Word and Sacrament, we respond with 
prayer and singing songs of praise and adoration to our gracious God.

A - APPLICATION: How do you and I worship, I hope not grudgingly, “Oh no tomorrow I have to go to church again”, but rather, “tomorrow I get to go to church and sing songs of praise and thanksgiving to our gracious God who has given me the freedom and health to worship Him with all I am and have.” What a glorious opportunity to see my friends, have God’s Spirit work in my heart through the truth of His Holy Word, and  give THANKSGIVING to Him with songs of praise and THANKSGIVING! And maybe  even my being there might even give me a chance to pray for and encourage a friend or stranger who needs it. Online worship is a wonderful option for some, but nothing will ever replace the assembly of believers! Hebrews 10:25.

P - PRAYER: Heavenly Father, help us always to come before You with praise and THANKSGIVING for all you’ve done for us through Jesus Your Son, It’s in His Name we pray, Amen

Photo by Pro Church Media on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment