Wednesday, November 23, 2022

We can provide clarity for Life's big Questions!!!

Event: Paul in Athens

S - Scripture
Acts 17 v. 22b-23 Paul said, "Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious. For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship. I found also an alter with this inscription, "To an unknown God." What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you.

O – Observation
Clarity. There were so many options in Athens, it left the people confused. They knew in their hearts that something had to be responsible for everything, but were not quite sure. So they covered all their basis, including to the "unknown God." Paul will provide clarity in the following verses. As I think about it, today were really not much different. Some of the gods may have changed, but the common question remains - Why am I here? What is my purpose? We need to provide clarity to those questions. We are here because, 1) God made us 2) which makes us special 3) because we are God's family (sons and daughters) 4) which means we are in Relationship with God.

A - Application
Am I clear? Can I provide clarity to others?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Make it crystal clear why I am here. Love Will

Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment