Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Trust God's Sovereignty

Event: Paul being blocked to preach in Asia
S - Scripture
Acts 16 v. 7-8 And when they had come opposite Mysia, they attempted to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them, so passing by Mysia, they went down to Troas.


O – Observation
Sovereign God. This verse, like yesterday's verse always interested me. Being blocked by God. Good plans, God pleasing plans - Blocked. I never fully understood this verse until a couple years ago with the Greenville Kansas tornado. If you can remember, it completely leveled a whole farming town. Twice, I attempted to organize a mission team from our church to go and help. Twice I was blocked. One time we even has all our gear and tools loaded in trucks and trailers only to have a freakish snow/ice storm the night before we were to leave. People had gotten time off approval, but on the day we were to leave - too dangerous to travel. So we stayed home. Never made it to Greenville. Blocked.

A - Application
Do I / Can I trust in God's Sovereignty?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Put me where you want me. Love Will
Photo by Pete Alexopoulos on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment