Saturday, November 26, 2022

We need the visual reminder of the cross

Event: Paul in Athens 

S - Scripture 
Acts 17 v. 29 Being God’s offspring we ought not to think that the Deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, a representation by the art and imagination of man.

O – Observation
The symbols of Christianity. This verse makes me think of how Christians “display” their God compared to other religions, especially the Eastern religions. All sorts of Buddha statues, Gods with lots of arms and hands. All captured by the imagination of man. What does Christians display? The tool of death and torture, the cross. Sometimes the cross has Jesus on it, but most crosses, that I see, (and I like) have an empty cross. Empty because words and pictures and art can’t possibly represent what Jesus has done for us. Just how much God loves us. Empty to remind me that I deserve that sort of punishment. Empty , because the price has been paid. Now that is powerful!!!

A - Application
Do I have a visible reminder of the cross in the places that I live?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for the empty cross. Love Will


No comments:

Post a Comment