Saturday, November 12, 2022

There is no need for revenge!

Event: Paul and Silas in Prison 



S - Scripture
Acts 16 v. 36-37 And the Jailer reported the words to Paul saying, “The magistrates have sent to let you go; now therefore come out and go in peace.” But Paul said to them, “They have beaten us publicly, uncondemned, men who are Romans citizens and have thrown us into prison and do they now cast us out secretly? No! Let them come themselves and take us out.”

O – Observation
There is no need for revenge. The things that people have done to you will be exposed. Just as Paul in this account. We need to remember that our God is a just God and our God is omnipotent and omnipresent. He sees us when we have been wronged. Romans 12 v. 19, “Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but, leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written Revenge is mine, I will repay says the Lord.”

A - Application
How am I handling it when I am wronged?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to trust that you will Revenge my enemies for me. Love Will

Photo by Hasan Almasi on Unsplash

1 comment: