Saturday, March 27, 2021

Seeking and Saving

 

Seeking and Saving

Guest Blog by Gary Riedel


S - SCRIPTURE: 
Luke 19:10 “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost!”


O-OBSERVATION: 
And aren’t we happy about that statement of Jesus at the end of the story about Zacchaeus? We know and say it often that Jesus came to save His people from their sins. In 1 Timothy 2:4 it
says God would have all people to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. John 3:16 says “God so loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son that who-so ever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life! But, what about the seeking which is the first action word in the sentence. How comforting is it to know that Jesus is seeking after us, actively pursuing us. Ezekiel. 34:11 For thus says the Lord God, “Behold I Myself will search after My sheep and seek them out.” Further examples are the parables of “The Lost Sheep” and “The Lost Coin” in Luke 15. God desires us to be saved so much that He gave His only Son for us and to that end actively pursues us His wayward children!

A - APPLICATION: 
If God has gone to such lengths to make me His own, then my reaction should be one of simply surrendering to His good and perfect will! The last half of a verse of the hymn “When I Survey the wondrous Cross” comes to mind; Love so Amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all!

P - PRAYER: Gracious Father, thank You for pursuing us, may we
give our soul, our life, our all to YOU! In Jesus Name, Amen 

Photo by Yannick Pulver on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment