Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The Lord is my Shepherd

S - Scripture
Psalm 23 v. 1-2 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want, he makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me besides still waters.  




O - Observation
The lord is my Shepherd. Wow! What a great picture that is. It is the Shepherds job to take care of the sheep. Provide them with the necessities of life, food and water and a place to rest. Matthew 11 v. 28, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." A shepherd will provide them with safety, protection from danger. Remember, 2 Peter 5 v. 8b, "Your adversary the Devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to destroy." Finally, a Shepherd leads his sheep, because they are clueless. Sometimes like me. John 14 v. 6, " Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."

A - Application
Have I paused to think how blessed I am to have Jesus as my shepherd?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Thank you for being my most excellent shepherd.  Love Will

Image by G Johansen from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment