Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Commitment starts from the heart

S – Scripture

Proverbs 20 v. 25  It is a snare for a man to say rashly, “It is holy”, and to reflect only after making his vows.

 

O – Observation

Commitment starts from the heart. Commitment to God has to be from the inside out. The Pharisees in Jesus time lived this Proverb. Matthew 23 v. 27, “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like white washed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within, they are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanliness.” This can happen to us today. People go to church, and go thru the motions, and my say they are Christians. But once Sunday service is done, they go back to there normal lives. This brings about a false sense of security. Gods wants all of us, especially our hearts.

 

 

A – Application

So.. Am I committing to God with my heart, or jut my lips or Both?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus. Help me to be all in for you. Help me to love you with all my heart. Love Will.




Photo by Jeremy Bezanger on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment