Monday, January 31, 2022

Don't play the revenge game!

S – Scripture

Proverbs 20 v. 22 Do not say, “I will repay evil”; wait for the Lord and he will help you.

 

O – Observation

Revenge is not ours. This Proverb has two really good points. One obvious. One not so obvious. 1st. Let God handle the revenge. Romans 12 v. 19, “ Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, ‘Revenge is mine, I will repay, says the  Lord.’”. Which leads to the 2nd point. Since God will punish the evil we can let go. We can get consumed with revenge. It can take control of us. The Knowledge of this Proverb is very liberating. In fact, Jesus instructs us to Love our enemies. Matthew 5 v. 55, “But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”

 

A – Application

What is my approach to those people who have done me wrong?

 

P – Prayer

Jesus. Help me to love my enemies, help me to let things go. Love Will.



 

 Photo by Leighann Blackwood on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment