Saturday, March 26, 2022

Avoid unnecessary burdens

S - Scripture
Proverbs 27 v. 3 A stone is heavy, and sand is weighty, but a fools provocation is heavier than both. 

O - Observation
Unnecessary burdens. What we say and do to others can cause strain in our life. My critical eye, my "knowing what to do", my careless words have inflicted weights on people. But for what purpose? Self inflation? Feels good for the moment, but then results in isolation. An encourager is like gasoline. It can really fuel the fire to move things, to accomplish things, to inspire people. But, gasoline can also explode or catch fire or destroy things. It doesn't take much to switch from and encourager to a discourager. We need to remember 1 Thessalonians 5 v. 11, "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing."

A - Application
Do I encourage or discourage? Am I removing burdens or adding to them?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to use the gasoline of encouragement. Give me wisdom on how to handle gasoline. Love Will.



Photo by david Griffiths on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment