Saturday, March 5, 2022

Love your enemies

S - Scripture
Proverbs 24 v. 17 Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles.

O - Observation
The separator. This Proverb is the separator between the world and Christians. God's logic and wisdom is always counter intuitive from the worlds. God wants us to separate ourselves, to stamp ourselves with Love. Matthew 5 v. 44-45a, "But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your father who is in heaven." Loving your enemies draws you closer to God. Jesus provides the ultimate example in his words as he hung from the cross. Luke 23 v. 34, "And Jesus said, 'Father forgive them; for they know not what they do'" It is God's desire that all men be saved.
 
A - Application
What is my approach to my enemies? Am I praying for them?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to love my enemies.  Love Will.



Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment