Tuesday, March 22, 2022

You control the fire!

S - Scripture
Proverbs 26 v. 20 For lack of wood the fire goes out; and where there is no whisperer, quarrelling ceases.

O - Observation
You control the fire. What you say or don't say will influence people's reactions. James 3 v. 5 points this out. "So the tongue is a little member and boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by a small fire." We need to be judicious in the use of our words. We don't want to start fires of fan the flames. David writes a great prayer to remember as we start each day in Psalm 141 v. 3, "Set Guard over my mouth, O Lord, Keep watch over the door of my lips." We need to do two things to prevent forest fires. One. Keep quite. Don't say anything, don't gossip, don't dog pile on an existing drama. Two, use words of encouragement vs. teardown. Reflect God's love in us.

A - Application
How am I managing my tongue? Am I a fire starter or a firefighter?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to be a peacemaker. Help me to chose my words wisely.  Love Will


Photo by Tolga Ahmetler on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment