Monday, March 21, 2022

Don't be a know it all!!

S - Scripture
Proverbs 26 v. 12 Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than him.

O - Observation
Educational Snobbery. The curse of a know it all. We've all encountered these sort of people. They drive me crazy!! The problem with know it alls is that they believe they know it all. They have essentially elevated themselves to be above all. It can be lonely at the top. There's also a fatal flaw. Proverbs 15 v. 2 points this out. "Without counsel plans go wrong, but with many advisers they succeed." Those that go at it alone will not achieve the success of those that work together. Plus, there's this danger. 1 Corinthians 1 v. 19, "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the cleaver I will thwart." A know it all is about pride - and God hates self pride.
 
A - Application
How do I see myself? Do I think I know it all?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to realize that I don't know it all. Give me a good group of counsels for my life.  Love Will.



Photo by Scott Graham on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment