Thursday, March 17, 2022

Stand firm in your faith

S - Scripture
Proverbs 26 v. 4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, least you are like him yourself.

O - Observation
Stand firm. Speak the truth. This Proverb really addresses today's culture where there is no absolute truths. Today's culture, is one of freedom. What you say or believe is OK as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, just impacts me. This is a DANGEROUS mindset!! Jesus clarifies for us what the truth is in John 14 v. 6, "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me." Knowing this and not acting on it, or standing on the sidelines, is like this proverb. We must stand for what is the truth. 1 Peter 3 v. 15, "But in your hearts reverence Christ as Lord, ALWAYS be prepared to make a defense to anyone who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence."

A - Application
Do I stand and give an account for what I believe or do I just avoid the issue?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Help me to stand firm and confidently share the truth with others.  Love Will.



Photo by Brett Jordan on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment