Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Check your motivation

Event: Peter Speaks to the Onlookers after Healing a Lame Beggar

 


S - Scripture
Acts 3 v. 11 And when Peter saw it, he addressed the people, "Men of Israel, why do you wonder at this, or why do you stare at us, as by our own power or piety we had made him walk?"

O - Observation
Heart work, motivation, mission trips. This verse reminds me of the conversations that I have had with those who go on mission trips with me. What separates us from the Lions, or some other charitable organization? We do not serve on our own power, but we are Christ fueled. People would stare at us in amazement and thankfulness, which would open the door to say why we are doing the thing we are doing. This much is true. 1 Timothy 2 v. 3b-4, "God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." Addressing the physical needs opens the door for spiritual needs.

A - Application
What is my Heart work, my motivation? Is it God fueled?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Inspire me to live for your glory.   Love Will


No comments:

Post a Comment