Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Don't Deny the Holy Spirit!

Event: The Believers Share their Possessions (Ananias and Sapphria)


S - Scripture
Acts 5 v. 3, 5  Put Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back part of the proceeds of the Land? When Ananias heard these words, he fell down and died.

O - Observation
The unforgivable sin. Denying the Holy Spirit.  1 Corinthians 12 v. 3b, " And no one can say Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit." Denying the Holy Spirit, lying to him ends in the same result as Ananias - Death. Perhaps not immediate physical death, but definitely eternal death in hell. We must have the Holy Spirit in our hearts, not just talk about him. After all, we must have faith, not just knowing what to say. Matthew 15 v. 8-9a, " This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me, in vain do they worship me."

A - Application
Is the Holy Spirit in my Heart? Have I let him in?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Let my worship be from the Heart and not my mouth.    Love Will

No comments:

Post a Comment