Saturday, June 25, 2022

Pray without Ceasing

 Guest Blog by Gary Riedel



S - SCRIPTURE: 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

O - OBSERVATION: Never stop praying? How would I get anything else done? That’s not what this means at all, prayer is about our relationship with the Heavenly Father, and our relationship 
with Him should be continuous, that is we are always aware that our Father is never off duty. In Luke 12:7 He says even the very hairs of our head are numbered, God knows us very intimately, in Psalm 139:16, He says He knew us while we were yet in our mother’s womb. God seeks intimacy with us, we should do the same with Him.

A - APPLICATION: So if God wants to be this close to me, how can I be close to Him? I can read His word daily, I can set aside a quiet time to spend with Him, In my life as a farmer I am constantly aware of the awesome beauty of His creation and I can pray or communicate with him any time and all the time. I believe it’s important to always acknowledge that God is always present, it can and will change the way we live our life. “Pray without ceasing!”

P - PRAYER: Gracious Father, by the power of Your Spirit help us to be more intimate with You always. In Jesus Name,
Amen

Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment