Monday, June 6, 2022

Understand the Priorities of helping!

Event: Peter Heals a Lame Beggar

S - Scripture
Acts 3 v. 6 But Peter said, "I have no silver and gold, but I give you what I have; in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.

O - Observation
Priorities. I love how the Priorities of help for those less fortunate are placed. After all it was modeled by Jesus with the paralytic man as stated in Matthew 9 v. 1-7. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+9%3A1-7&version=NIV


In those verses a paralytic  man was brought to Jesus attention. Jesus first forgave his sins, then healed him. In both of these cases the eternal help was given first, forgiveness of sins, and what Peter had (the Power of the Holy Spirit, the knowledge of Jesus Christ as the savior of the world - not gold or silver.) In both cases the healing of the eternal also plays into the healing of the temporal or existing condition. This should  be our approach, Eternal 1st, Temporal 2nd.

A - Application
How am I aligning my priorities of help?

P - Prayer
Jesus, Give me a passion for helping eternally.    Love Will


No comments:

Post a Comment